Monday, November 15, 2010

12 weeks today!

So this is the very last week of the first trimester - yay! It's kind of crazy thinking I'm almost a third done already. Buckethead is about 2.5" long, which is extremely mighty and impressive, and is apparently slurping down amniotic fluid and peeing it back out. Urinating, as it were. Inside my uterus.

...

Right.

Anyway, here is the standard weekly update:

How far along? 12 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: Up a pound from last week, so four pounds total.
Maternity clothes? No, but my clothes are all getting kind of tight. I looked at maternity stuff at Target the other day, but it was way too intimidating so I left without buying anything (except three metric tons of grapes).
Stretch marks? Not any new ones.
Sleep: The best thing in the world. I go to bed at like 10pm now, which is kind of bizarre.
Best moment this week: Hard to say - it's been uneventful. Best non-event was not feeling sick much at all!
Movement: Nope.
Food cravings: Grapes and pepperjack cheese and I have both right in front of me now! *cue maniacal laughter*
Gender: No idea. I've been flip-flopping back and forth.
Labor Signs: Nope.
Belly Button in or out? In.
What I miss: Roast beef sandwiches.
What I am looking forward to: Being done with this semester so I can move down with Noah already.
Weekly Wisdom: Hats with ears are probably the best thing in the world. That's not wisdom, you say? Prove it.
Milestones: Last week of the first trimester! Holy crap that went fast.

1 comment:

Oma said...

Unfortunately it doesn't slow down. When bh is keeping you up all night it will seem like forever, but that too will rapidly pass. You learn to enjoy every moment because they are fleeting. I have a 5lb block of pepper cheese in my fridge-minus what I used in the mac-n-cheese tonight. Yum!