Monday, August 17, 2015

Summer is OVER!

After an extremely long summer break, Jim started preschool again on Friday. It was a great day for everyone.


He was too excited to keep his mouth shut, but who can blame him?


Here he is on the first day of preschool last year. Apparently giraffes are just a great choice for starting school. I think he looks pretty much the same, only with shaggier hair in this year's picture.

He's got a new room, a new teacher, and a mostly-new group of classmates this year, but he didn't seem fazed in the least. When I dropped him off, he barely acknowledged me when I told him I was leaving.


While he was out, Lottie reveled in the chance to be an only child for the morning and keep all the cake batter for herself. She said "FANKS!" every time I gave her a taste.

We took advantage of the free morning to make a cake and go to the doctor. I'll post up the details of Lottie's 18-month doctor visit tomorrow.


Jim's teacher said he was a very hard worker all day.


He was very excited to show me what he did when he got home.

It's shaping up to be a good year. Miss Megan, his new teacher, is very nice and gets along well with Jim, and the class is really small - just six kids. It should be mostly the same as last year, lots of arts and crafts and running about, but they'll be working on numbers and early reading skills, too. I believe I invited most of you to his class's Facebook group so you can see the pictures, but if I missed anybody, just send me a message and I'll see what I can do.

No comments: